Sunday, November 2, 2008

Race Report and Xmas Lists

We can’t thank Mom and Dad (and my parents and Bob and Gary) enough for being race spectators last weekend at the Healdsburg Half Marathon. We’ve never had the luxury of having cheerleaders along route. It was definitely motivating…especially in the latter miles it was so motivating to know a loved one was just around the bend. Here are a couple of pictures from the weekend, I don’t have any new ones from the race since my parents haven’t sent me any photos. Personally, I always think I look retarded while running…I never know what to do with my arms, Justin calls them bunny arms. For any interested in trying out half marathon, I must say the Healdsburg course was probably one of the prettiest I’ve seen (and remember we did run in San Diego, my mecca). Next year it’s on Halloween Saturday! Thanks again Mom and Dad it was soooooo great to spend time with you last weekend, we felt very loved. Our crazy dog...looks like she had a bit too much wine, JK! =)
The whole gang!

Onto the next topic…Christmas Lists! In Hawaii there was mention of posting Christmas Wish lists on the blog. I’m not sure about everyone else but I’m certainly starting to think about the holidays and getting my shopping done. I think this year Justin and I are going to try to spend about 4-5 days with each of our families…yay! In an effort to start the trend, I’m going to post my list below. Hope all is well with the many Dunlap families! We are looking forward to seeing everyone at Christmas!

Alisa’s Wish List:

Gift Cards
Banana Republic
Ann Taylor Loft
J Crew
Itunes

Amazon Wish List (If you’re searching, I’m still Alisa Houghton, can’t figure out how to change the setting.)

Running Stuff
http://runningskirts.com/ (I love these! I have a pink/black one already. Any color of the running skirt is great, I don’t like the athletic style with the shorts underneath. I’m size 4, otherwise it’s too short!)

Nike PB Printed Women's Long Sport Top (any color, size medium)
http://store.nike.com/index.jsp?country=US&lang_locale=en_US&l=shop,women#l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-173620/pgid-173768

Nike Tempo Track Women’s Running Shorts (any color, size medium)
http://store.nike.com/index.jsp?country=US&lang_locale=en_US&l=shop,women#l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-187315/pgid-104064

Asics Women’s Hera Low Cut Sock (Size large, any color) http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1851428&cp=3077569.3079702.2806311&f=PAD%2FSport%2FRunning&lmdn=Sport&fbc=1&view=all&fbn=Sport%7CRunning&parentPage=family

Long sleeve dri-fit material running shirts (any color, size medium)

2 comments:

Susan Dunlap said...

Nice pictures, Alisa! Yours of the whole group is much better than mine. We certainly enjoyed the whole experience!
Thanks also for getting the wish list going!

The Blaine gang said...

We are so impressed with you and Justin and your endurance! Way to go! I love that running skirt you are wearing. Very cute!