Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Justin's Wishlist and Fall Photos

Hey all, finally getting around to posting my Christmas wish-list (see below). For those who haven't yet, I know I really appreciate having some ideas and would love to see lists for everyone!

Alisa and I enjoyed working on the calendar months this weekend (we will be getting those to you soon Jen!), and I was motivated to post some pictures from a recent photo taking session. The fall colors up here are gorgeous and a photographer friend of mine loaned me his nice DSLR camera that I took advantage of to capture some fall shots. Of course I also took the opportunity to capture some photos of my favorite two models Alisa and Zoey!


Fall colors have been astounding this year, especially near "the ponds" about a mile from our house.

Just a pretty picture.

Contemplative models and expressive ears.

Zoey and Alisa tussling.

Zoey longlingly wishing for longer warmer summer days.

Zoey is going into hypernating mode until Spring.

And now the wishlist...

I have Alisa to thank for making most of this list for me (thus the third person voice), thanks honey! Anyway here it is:

He is in need of some new clothes...here are a few ideas from Old Navy(he is now a 32 W 34L in pants...he is skinny):
http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.do?cid=15320&pid=613891&scid=613891002 (Size 32x34, anything but the patterned black ones)
Old navy Jeans, boot cut or straight leg, any wash, size 32x34)

Running stuff is always needed...
Shoes: http://www.rei.com/product/765509 **on sale now at REI. (size 12)
Additional items:
Helping out with hotel costs for our Arizona marathon (we have plane tickets but have not paid for the hotel)
Post marathon massage
Any PS3 games that sound fun.
A PSN (PlayStation network) gift card for PS3 online games
Itunes money for iPhone apps
Anything beer related
And as always, anything off my Amazon wishlist

7 comments:

The Blaine gang said...

Wow, gorgeous pictures Justin! Is Alisa whispering to Zoey about warm San Diego weather often? She's caught on! :)

So, what makes the DSLR camera so much better? They must be super pricey.

Thanks for working on the calendar pages. I can't wait to see them. Love, Jen

Alisa said...

Awwww thanks for giving me credit for your list honey!

Nice pics...except the ones where I look scary!

Susan Dunlap said...

Ahh, your females are sooooooo cute! and outdoor scenes are so picturesque! I guess it doesn't rain in Portland all the time ~ it just seems like it!! Zoey is growing up!
I can't wait to see all these calendar pages!!!! The family calendar is always my most favoritest gift!!!!
One question - 'off' or 'on' your Amazon list?????

Unknown said...

Cute pictures....I hope I can figure it out soon. I think I finally figured out what to do for our pages, nice to know others are still working on them too....Hugs to the cute girls! Cris

Justin said...

"Off" the list or "on" the list, I trust your judgment.

DSLR cameras are better as they use better lens, have more advanced software, usually have more pixels, and have more user control. The digital imagers are usually of a higher quality as well. And yes they are pricey, but you can get good deals. The cost of the lenses is where the pocket book is really hit for DSLRs!

The Blaine gang said...

interesting Justin. Thanks for the info. Nate wants a camera for Christmas. He's picked out the panasonic tz5 camera. I just love the way you could focus on only one of the cattails in your picture. Wish the "pocket" digital cameras would do that.

Justin said...

I have the TZ3 and love it. Sounds like the TZ5 has some cool new additions too!