Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The great outdoors and the colorful indoors

I just wanted to write a quick post on a couple of things that have been going on in our lives these past couple of weeks. I had been meaning to post but hadn't got around to it. With Hawaii coming up (yay!) I figured that I wouldn't really get a chance to post these if I didn't do it now. I hope all the Paradise Dunlaps are dealing with the fire OK! We are thinking of you and looking forward to seeing everyone in Hawaii!

Recently Alisa and I painted our boring white kitchen and bedroom to more exciting colors. It may seem silly to paint an apartment, but we were wanting to do something to make the place seem more homey and we had just signed another year long lease. We simply have to paint it back to white when we move out so we don't get charged. I bet it will be a lot less fun to paint it back!



Last weekend we went backpacking with a couple of my good college friends, Allie and A.J., to a small lake in Oregon called Marion Lake. It was a pretty hike and a beautiful camping spot. It was nice to get away from it all. Also, I fished circles around the other fisherpeople!

7 comments:

Alisa said...

You look so funny in that picture of the four of us...did you know you were the only one making a silly face?

Thanks for posting honey!

Jeremy said...

Thank you Justin! That kitchen looks so much better!

Susan Dunlap said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan Dunlap said...

Wow - what an improvement! It looks so much more like a home! Love your camping pictures too! I'm envious of the fresh trout - one of my very favorites when we houseboat! Thanks for sharing - I just love this family blog!!!!!

Jeremy said...

Hey, I want to know what comment was deleted...

The Blaine gang said...

That is a great post Justin. I agree the house looks way better. I had to click on the picture of the four of you together. I would have guessed Alisa was the one all bundled up! She's in shorts! It looks beautiful up there!

Justin said...

Thanks guys! Jeremy- The comment that was deleted was just a double post by Mom.