Friday, July 10, 2009

A little bit of context

Mom requested some pictures of the new apartment... three or four weeks ago. Sorry for the delay Mom! She requested some context to place our new lives in as without it we are just floating out there... or some such thing (you can clarify that point Mom :) )In any case here are some pictures of our new apartment. The place is much closer to everything we care about in Portland. We are closer to Alisa's work, we are closer to many jogging trails, we are closer to PSU (which I haven't fully managed to disconnect myself from), we are closer to restaurants, closer to shops, closer to downtown, closer to a frisbee golf course (OK, we haven't ever cared about this, but we might now have to learn now that we practically live on the edge of one), and on and on.

A view of the living room to the right and the kitchen/dining room to the left:


Unpacking is fun! A picture of SOME of the boxes we had to unpack and the living room starting to take shape:


Another view of the living room and the wooden paneling (reminds me of the pet clinic!):


A view of the deck with Zoey checking out every corner. Hard to tell from this picture, but it is a good sized deck with plenty of room for our bikes and BBQ:


A boring picture of the bedroom prior to the art going on the wall:


As far as apartments go, this one has a pretty good view. I actually don't think I could ask for a better placement in the complex for view:


A look left from the deck as opposed to right as seen above. We both have always liked weeping willows and there are a bunch in the complex.



We have a great view of both sunsets and sunrises the way we are situated. Here is a picture of a sunrise of one of the first mornings we were in the place:



Sure there are some downsides of our new place, it is much smaller than our old place for one, but we are really happy about the move. Some more pluses of our new place: it is much quieter than our old one (we are no longer right off the train tracks!), it is much cooler (being on the second floor instead of the third and well shaded by big trees), and we only have one set of stairs (not four!) to walk Zoey up and down.

I also intend to post some pictures from the vacation, but had to start somewhere and it made more sense to post this one first. We had such a great and miss you all!

6 comments:

The Blaine gang said...

What a beautiful place! I hope you don't get hit by a frisbee as you enjoy barbequing (sp?)... :) Love you guys!

Jeremy said...

I am jealous of your view! It is a very pretty location. Thank you for sharing the pictures! Frisbee golf is fun, but I am no good at it. It reminds me of the course up on the mountain in Utah.

Alisa said...

I call the wood paneling "bitchin 70's style" (sorry kids avert your eyes for that word).

It is smaller but really it hasn't seemed too bad. I do miss my own bathroom and our laundry room, though I'm hoping Justin will start working on the laundry while I'm away at work so far...hasn't happened yet =).

I love that I can run to work if I feel like it and drive time is 10 minutes door to door. All in all, it was a good move for us!

Jill And Thain said...

I love the view and the light coming in your windows! I should have got you both frisbee golf discs for your b.days :). It's fun. I've just played where you make up markers but count how many throws it takes to hit the target those with the least points at the end wins.... That wood panneling is a little wierd you'll have to incorparte it in somehow but its not bad looks like a good place...Thanks for the context now I know you guys aren't floating in space too ;)>. no it is nice to know where your at I agree with Mom. It was fun visiting with you both! Love ya.

Susan Dunlap said...

Ahh, grounded at last! Your new digs look and sound wonderful!!! How will you ever get motivated to leave? However, I would love to see a picture of the kitchen!

Is that Obama against the WPPC paneling?

Your deck has so much potential - veggie garden, etc.! Dad thinks the plant on the left might appreciate some H20, tho!

Like Jeremy, Jen, and Jill, I too love the view! And I've always loved weeping willows! I wonder if they grow in Paradise - must look that up!

Dad and I went to Chico to look at safes this afternoon, and they were closed! (due to illness). We consoled ourselves with dinner at La Hacienda!!!! Love to all!

Justin said...

Thanks for the comments everyone! We will watch out for those frisbees Jen, though thankfully the apartment should shield us! We would love to have anyone come up and play with us, though you will more than likely have to sleep on the couch... I guess we do still have the air matress we can blow up.

That is Obama up against the wood paneling Mom. I can't say I that was intended, and I don't remember watching a speech. I guess I was just putting the tube on for company. The antennae works amazingly well and we get plenty of stations... enough for us anyway.

Tell dad that we got that plan some water mom, though the herbs died out over the vacation break. That is two years in a row that my herb garden hasn't survived the family vacation. Maybe I need to find a babysitter for them next year!

Sorry that the safe store was closed. Hope you guys fine a good one soon!

I'll try to post a picture of the kitchen with the next update, though it isn't the most exciting of kitchens. :)