Monday, October 27, 2008

Justin & Alisa's Healdsburg half marathon!


This picture should be after Alisa's other one. Here she is only 3 miles out from the finish and still looks great! Many runners looked very fatigued! Guess who got her attention?

We got Zoey at 5:30 am on Saturday and she was a doll! She was busy and playful, but do you think that here she was wondering where her people had disappeared to?

Justin was definitely in the forefront - Vance estimated in the first 20 to 40 out of a couple of thousand! This was the first of six possible 'stops' for viewing, and Dad and I watched the sun come up at this spot not too long before this! The runners were spirited and upbeat and called out "Good Morning!"s. Zoey was a huge attraction and distraction - and she tried hard to join them running!

Alisa eyes were all for Zoey and vice versa! Dad and I also got to the next to last viewing area but not in time to see Justin whiz past. Most of the runners had lost their high spirits and looked intensely focused, tired, and hot!

After the marathon, showered and looking totally refreshed, Alisa and Justin and Zoey joined us for lunch and then most of us toured wineries in the beautiful Mendocino area!

Here Gary, Justin, Bob, Alisa, Zoey, Margy, Vance, Mary, and Chuck are departing from a winery - Dad stayed at the motel to take a nap, not being used to getting up at 5 am!

Hopefully Alisa and Justin will post their blog and pictures and experiences! I don't want to upstage them, but especially do want to share my pictures of them running! Thanks to them for a terrific weekend, and to Jeremy who rescued me this evening and found my pictures! I was certain they had been lost forever and am so relieved and grateful!

6 comments:

Susan Dunlap said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan Dunlap said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Justin said...

Yay! I am glad you found those pictures. I really like the one of Alisa, Zoey, and me at the winery. Your recap was great too! We had such an amazing weekend. I do plan on posting a recap, but don't feel like I have enough good pictures to make it interesting.

The results were posted yesterday: http://www.iaapweb.com/results/08/WineCountryHalfMarathon2008.html

Mary and Vance's estimation was a little high for where I finished. I was 52/~1022. Almost exactly at the 5% mark. Not bad, and certainly more than I was hoping for.

Alisa said...

This is a great re-cap! It was so great seeing you guys! I love the one at the 10 mile marker where I'm stopped and letting Zoey lick the sweat off me =). Classic.

The Blaine gang said...

Wow, Justin and Alisa make this look too easy! Zoey sure is cute!

Jill And Thain said...

congrats looks like you had a good time and accomplished another great feet.