Monday, June 16, 2008

The trek and Mom and Dad's visit

Mom and Dad came out while Nate and I were on the pioneer trek. We all had such a great time. Dad took the kids fishing. He was so good to them and they are still talking about that. Mom was a super grandma that didn't wear out. I am so grateful for all that they did.

Nate and I had a blast on the trek. We loved being around the teenagers, which was a huge surprise for me. I am now not so scared of my kids turning into teenagers someday. We laughed and laughed the whole four days, even though it was physically tough. I couldn't believe that after we had hiked 16 or so miles on Friday that Justin and Alisa ran 10 more than we hiked. I couldn't imagine running what we had walked.

Hopefully now Mom and Dad are returning safely to Paradise and finding their house okay. The reports are showing that the fires is 90% contained now, so I am so glad about that!

Now we are counting down to our Hawaii time!



4 comments:

Jeremy said...

Thanks for the update Jen! I enjoyed the pictures. I am getting excited about Hawaii!

Alisa said...

Teenagers aren't so bad right Cris and John?? I was an angel teenager ;)!

HAWAII COUNTDOWN: 24 days

Justin said...

Looks like everyone had a great time! Is Emily running away from the fish she caught?

Jill And Thain said...

That poster of your welcome home from your kids brought back a lot of memories I forgot we used to always try and clean the house and make a poster for Mom and Dad when they went away :). It looks like the trek was fun and I'm so glad you guys had a good time. I'm so enjoying feeling more a part of everyone's lives this blog was a wonderful idea, thanks Jen and blaine gang for starting it!! we just got back from mexico today and friday I have a girls sleepover with Amanda, April and college friends in Park city so I'm looking forward to sending pics and things hopefully soon, but it may be a few days on that :). Thanks for the fun pics. Can't wait for Hawaii with everyone that's such a neat gift from Mom and Dad. Ok I'm starting to ramble. Love you Jen and Nate and all!