Friday, June 27, 2008

Mom's first blog







I will begin with my favorite photo of Pam and Roy saying their vows. You can see Billy as the best man, and a picture of Pam's mother from the rear (long reddish hair). Jill and Thain were photogenic, as usual, as were Jeremy and Kathryn!
Hmm, despite Jeremy's great tutelage, I need lots more practice! The newest pictures I import end up on top rather than on the bottom!


A few days afterwards, we boarded a little Diplomat houseboat for the serene and peaceful and cool weather on Lake Shasta. Dad caught numerous fish, and we managed to brave the cool water on our last full day to swim from our private lagoon to an incoming creek. We saw bald Eagles and osprey, but no ducklings we had hoped to feed with lots of old bread!



While we were

in Mantua, Jill

and Thain picked up the kids and Dad and I had a magical anniversary at the Anniversary Inn/Logan. You can view it at their website in Logan - our suite was the Powell Lake one. I am not clever enough to provide the link for you!

I got to attend Brianna's recital wherein she danced in both a ballet and a jazz number. We couldn't take pictures during the performance, but here she is afterwards!


OK this does not have the organized format I envisioned, but hopefully you can see some of my pictures!
Here is a picture of Emily with the fish she caught and a picture of Jen, Emily, Ben, and Deven on their way to deliver Dad his breakfast in bed!
I can't get underneath these pictures to end with one of John and Colby as they finished raking all the accumulation of pine cones, pine needles, and debris away from the house following Dad's blowing off the roof. The raking hadn't happened since Justin did it more than five years ago, but with the fire situation Dad felt we were given a second chance to make a safer fire break.

6 comments:

Jeremy said...

Congratulations on your first post! It looks great, and I know you will catch on fast. Thanks for the pictures too. Except, neither Kathryn nor I like that first picture of us.. :)

Love,
Jeremy

Susan Dunlap said...

How about this one????

Alisa said...

Yay, you figured it out! Isn't blogging great!!

J&K, I think that's a cute picture.

Jeremy said...

hehe, I see the picture changed. :) Thanks Mom! Still don't like any pictures of myself, but Kathryn says it is better.

Justin said...

Looks great Mom! Thanks for sharing all that. You can drag pictures up and down once you upload them, and preview your post before you "publish it". Give me a call if you like next time you post something and I can explain all that in more detail!

The Blaine gang said...

Good job Mom it looks great!