Sunday, June 8, 2008

John's Clan

Howdy from us! We just finished another school year! YEAH for us! Colby is now a high school student. He went through 8th Grade promotion last Tuesday. It was short and nice and a pre curser of things to come. You will all need to save the first week of June, 2012 to come out to his real graduation! I swear we were just at Jen, Jill, Justin and Jeremy's- Chris' too. Can you believe how old you all are getting? We missed the latest wedding due to a stomach flu which we inadvertantly shared with Mom too (sorry)...but it was fun to see Jill and Thain (hope we didn't share with you guys). This past week we just wrapped things up at school and now the real fun begins. I'm taking swim lessons with Aiden so I can relax in Hawaii and not spend the whole time worried about the pool. Colby starts football tomorrow and basketball camp the next week. He will then spend a week at Scout Camp, have a week of only football and then we are off to meet all of you on the Island. When I'm not running him around, we will be painting the parts of the house that won't be disrupted with the addition and swimming with the other two. Brianna just had her first dance recital and she was amazing. Smiled the whole time and worked really hard to learn both dances. She wasn't sure she wanted to continue, but now she's hooked. I'll bring the DVD and we can have a viewing in Hawaii. Thanks to the Grandma's who came and cheered her on! I will post pictures of all of this once I can. John still hates work, but it might be nicer now that I'm not working and he can concentrate on that and not have to cook and clean as much. Colby needs on the computer-I'll add more later once I get some pics- Love to all!!!!!

4 comments:

Justin said...

Sounds like you are all very busy! I wish I were there to see all the fun things you guys are doing.

I was thinking about possibly coming down for Father's day, but now that I know you guys are sharing flu viruses... Actually, I sadly probably can't make it down anyway. Can't wait to see everyone in a month though!

Susan Dunlap said...

Yes it is wierd that we are all getting so very very old ;). I feel the same when I look at colby and feel almost like it was just yesterday when he was born or the manwills I babysat for came up to me and said hello and they looked so grown up Thain asked if I went to highschool with them and I used to babysit them! Or kyle amanda's brother was up and is a sophmore in highschool now too and was a toddler when we left for college. Well at least things always don't stay the same even if it means we are all aging at apparantly so very rapid rates. Ok I went off on that one. It was great to hear from the John clan and I'm glad Brianna did so great in her dancing recitals. Yeay Brianna! I wish I could've been there to see them. We really enjoyed visiting with you all despite the blowing chunks and sharing germs ;). I'm glad your house is hopefully out of the fire danger for now too. I'm so sad to hear about the fire and all that is going on in Paradise, it will always be my home in a way so I'm there with you all too and hope that it turns out ok, my thoughts and prayers are there. It's great having Mom and Dad out but I think it's hard for them not to be there right now too. Love to you all!
Jill

Susan Dunlap said...

oops I'm reading this under mom's account so it is coming up as her but that comment was me! Jill

Alisa said...

We're not older...just wiser! This year I'm celebrating the 5th anniversary of my 21st birthday.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Hawaii. Cris, I can help out with Aiden in Hawaii if you want to relax by the pool/beach.