Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Fun in June for Dad amd Mom

On Lake Shasta we had gorgeous calm water, good fishing, and lots of fun games.
It took some convincing, but Dad wore his shorts!
These geese were trying to get out of the way of our houseboat and did not approve of our being so close!
One of Dad's first fish! I am not blogging all of them - we have 11 in our freezer and Dad bar-b-qued at least 2 a day for me there. All were salmon except for 1 rainbow. Soooo yummy!
Your Father's Day quotes beautifully arranged by Jill captivated Kathryn, Jeremy, Granny - all of us!
Aiden was sharing the whipped cream bowl with his brother, but not for too long!
Aiden and John sharing smiles on Father's Day!
Brianna and Dad opening his gift - I can't remember Dad's comment (help me, Jeremy, Kathryn, Cris, John???) but he though the package had something to do with aliens!
Powerful, awesome, incredible thoughts you shared with Dad!

5 comments:

The Blaine gang said...

Those shorts look great Dad! I wish I could see the quotes, I wanted to read them. I guess I'll see them at the house one day! :)
Do we get salmon for dinner one night at the house? YUM!
Thanks for the post Mom! Love, Jen

Susan Dunlap said...

Glad to see someone finally looked at the blog, Jen! I tried taking pictures but was unsuccessful. Dad nixed the salmon for dinner idea - sorry John!

Alisa said...

Nice shorts!

Beautiful pictures of the lake. I would really like to get out there in August or September. Hmmm....

Wish we could have been there to celebrate Fathers Day. Looks like it was a hit.

The picture of Aiden and Colby is precious!

Justin said...

Looks like fun! (houseboat)

Wish we could have been there! (Father's day)

Thanks for the post Mom! I am still working on posting pictures from our move, but despite being retired again, I strangely have no free time!!!

Jill And Thain said...

Yeah thanks for posting those Mom, I'm jealous of the houseboat trip. I miss those with you guys. (though I'm sure we weren't invited this time anyhow ;).) They are great memories. Glad it was a good trip and wish we could have been there for Fathers day too. Glad we get to see you all soon!