Thursday, May 7, 2009

Updates: no pictures :-(

Zowie! My jury duty experience has been completed. It was a civil case, very interesting and educational, and I met some very nice people! The plaintiff was suing Wal-Mart for a slip and fall incident and needed to prove negligence on Wal-Mart's part. We finally decided 50-50 negligence which resulted in W-M not needing to pay. Anyone interested in more details than that just let me know!

We had a fun week-end with Jeremy and Kathryn! Jeremy taught me how to use the verbal commands for my new car, facilitated our getting a hard drive back-up for our computer, and then they gave us all their money in poker!

I just talked to Elderhostel and they will contact the Park City group regarding Brianna, Emily, and I being able to attend their Park City program #9926: Rockies Intergenerational: Balloons, Trains, Rafts, and Sundance. If you'd like to view the itinerary, after going to the Elderhostel site, you can click on the dates (8-2 to 8-8) and then itinerary. It states only one child per adult but Elderhostel will plead our case!

After I get all the stuff done I need to, I plan on stopping procrastination and reading the running sites! I don't know if I will be able to get up to run mode, but I do love to walk fast!

3 comments:

Justin said...

How much did W-M pay you to decide that? Kidding, of course! I would like to hear more about it, but will wait until you can tell me in person. Scott's wedding?

Sounds like you and the grand-girls still have an exciting trip planned!

Alisa said...

Sounds like a really fun trip!

No need to read the running sites I wasn't trying to pressure anyone...more or less trying to get my own motivation back.

Unknown said...

Can everyone let me know when they are arriving and departing so that I can make you all cook me yummy food! Also Mom I'll need to know any special plans while we are there to be included in the scheduling. Let's also throw around thoughts for Mom's birthday feast and when we should celbrate that as we will be kicked out by 11:00 on her actual birthday. Not sure about the rest of you but this past weekend about did me in! Thank you all for birthday wishes for the teenager and his father. I'll get pictures from someone to put on here of the celebrations as I was too busy bossing everyone to actually take my own pictures. I just spent 1 hour 45 minutes on the phone with a CSUC teacher ruining someones life (the PACT stuff that Mom and I have been working on...) Going to bed-Hugs to all!!!