Friday, August 20, 2010

Races, Birthday and House Updates

Long time no update from the J Dunlap's to the north.  Going to do an update via pictures, since everyone loves pictures and it's easier than typing everything out!

My Half IronMan:
Exiting the Swim!  Had lots of cheerleaders.

Finishing the bike course...again lots of cheerleaders--yay!

Surviving the run course.  Mom is pictured to the right.  Again, sooooo much love and support---couldn't have done it without all of you!

In short, I had an awesome swim, a REALLY rough time on the bike and a smile-filled run.  Definite SUCCESS!

Justin's 50k:
(Grr...pictures wouldn't center...sorry!)

Before his race eating a bagel.


Mile 14ish Justin's looking strong!

Mile 20-something still kicking butt!

Speedy Justin finishing STRONG!

Our spectating crew (minus Calla who I think just wanted to be in the picture)---thanks everyone sooooooooo much!  Having spectators is so motivating and really does help!


The House:

Justin and Chuck re-roofing the garage.


While my Mom and I re-painted the bathroom.

New roof on the garage!

New paint on the walls of the bathroom.

Justin's 30th Birthday:

The famous German Chocolate cake---it was good but not as good as Dad's.  I tried!

Dinner and a pile of presents what else could a 30-yr old want?!

Mom and Dad Dunlap are coming up this weekend and I think the goal is to build the garden beds for the back yard.

In short, the last month has been SUPER busy BUT awesome.

Life is grand in Portland (it's even been sunny).

4 comments:

Jeremy said...

Thanks for the pictures! It was fun watching you two and cheering you on. The house is looking great!

Susan Dunlap said...

My goodness! I just discovered your neat blog, Alisa, on my I-phone via your commenting, Jeremy, while waiting for Dad at Seven Feathers! It'll even let me comment too! This phone is amazing! Great pictures with fond memories, Alisa! Love you all 

The Blaine gang said...

way to go Justin and Alisa! Thanks for the post!

Jill And Thain said...

sorry didn't check this till a day ago or so! Love the pics. Your moving right a long on the house! can't believe you've gotten so much done so fast! Congrats too on great races for both of you! It was great to see an update :). Thanks.