Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Blaine 17


Emily really wanted to show you all her bunnies.


Nate and the kids in the snow tonight. Nate is wearing a large smile! He lives in the right place. I am wondering if I do!



The kids on their short and fun fishing trip with Dad.


Hiking with Mom up on Table Top Mountain.

1. With her fun money yesterday, Emily bought a Puppy in my pocket friends toy. It was a mommy bunny with her babies.

2. Ben lost his third tooth last night. He asked Daddy to pull it out and didn't even make a peep while Nate pulled, twisted, yanked, resulting in a bloody mess. The tooth came out though, and Ben is a dollar richer.

3. Deven got third place in Mario Cart on the Maple Tree Way race today. He got extra Wii time because of the big snow storm outside.

4. Nate is overjoyed about today's snow storm.

5. Jen is finally typing this blog entry after Jill got after her about it. We LOVE the internet. I too, wouldn't know how to live without it now. We also love finding good movies on netflix. The last one I really liked was "Miss Potter".

6. Emily can't wait until spring is finally full blown.

7. Ben's favorite food is pineapple pizza and asparagus.

8. Deven's favorite food is salad.

9. Nate loves Jen's cooking. On his birthday he would rather eat at home than go out to a restaurant.

10. Jen would rather go out to any restaurant most nights than fix dinner. It's a real treat for me! Lately my favorite is Indian food. I love the naan bread they serve. I stay busy with planning my preschool turns, planning primary lessons for church, and helping out with PTA stuff at the kids school. My latest assignment is planning the carnival booths for the school carnival on May 4th.

11. Emily can't wait until Grandma and Granddad come out in a few days. She would like to play with them.

12. Ben collected worms for fishing yesterday. When Nate went out with him after work to find the worms, "they had squiggled away". The kids and Nate went fishing with other worms they found, but didn't catch anything. They did find old rotten beets while digging for worms in the garden.

13. Deven says he likes to water the garden, and eat in a restaurant.

14. Nate likes to run outside when it doesn't rain or snow. He also keeps busy with his church calling as elder's quorum president.

15. Jen and the kids went to baby animal days yesterday. They got to pet and hold lots of different animals. The most interesting part for me was watching a cow protect her baby calf from a ram. She actually growled at the ram! Then the calf went up to the ram and was licking it's horns. That poor ram! He stood very still though. That mama cow must have made an impression on him.

16. We would love to have another baby. Jen wishes she could bypass the pregnancy and delivery, of which she has bad experiences. We do love the kids though, and would love another one in our family. It hasn't happened though, and we have been trying for over a year.

17. Nate and Jen are really looking forward to their anniversary get away next week. The kids are excited to have Grandma and Granddad here to take care of them. What a treat for everyone. Hopefully it's a treat for G&G. :)
That's all for us for now. We love reading your blog posts too!








7 comments:

Jill said...

YEAY!! Good Job, Jen! Yes for once it was me who had to get after you to do something ;). That was cute and fun to read. That's funny that Nate was happy with the storm...man I tell you it might snow in June here the way it's going. sure hope not though. I think I might pack my bags if it does! You sure have cute kids. I always thought 3 was a great number but it looks like we will have 2 at most and if I have the patience with little Rilan that I have with Spunks, he maybe an only child! I'm sure you'll have another though don't stress but don't give up hope :). Love ya!

Jill And Thain said...

now I only have Jeremy left to Pester! Beware Jeremy and Kathryn, I'm coming after you now!! ;)

Susan Dunlap said...

Lots of thoughtful and heartfelt comments, Jen!
Jill says not to give up, but it was only after I did, that you, Jill, Justin, and Jeremy came along!
Love your pictures; can't believe Nate's unending enthusiasm for snow; I love to eat out also! In fact, Dad and I just got back from a wonderful fish dinner at Pelican's Roost. Their salmon is world's better than Red Lobster's! Jill called & clued me in on your post - so I got to beat Alisa on commenting - she is usually first!

Alisa said...

I'm usually first b/c I'm obsessed with my google reader (i.e. the place where all my blogs pop up with new posts).

You do have wonderful kids! (I loved Jill's comment about her patience level...that's about how I feel, only worse, which is why I know I'm not ready for any bambinos, as Jill calls them.)

Wow, more snow???!!!! It's actually supposed to be a decent weekend here, 70s!!!! Hooray for spring. It'll get there Jen!

I'm always amazed at all the things you guys do. You're such an active family--it's fantastic!

Justin said...

Great list Jen! Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I thought I had earlier, but after re-checking the page today I realize I hadn't!

I too love nan, (and salad! and pineapple pizza!, and asparagus!, and home cooking!, and good restaurants!)

Haha, squiggled...

Susan Dunlap said...

Justin, I needed to reread Jen's "Blaine 17" after reading your comment upon returning tonight! None of them made sense until I did, which shows all I'd missed! I am anxious to blog again after these last 10 days!

Jill And Thain said...

Yeah I don't get what you mean Justin you too love nan? what or who is nan, I re read it too but didn't get that part :). Jeremy where is your list?????????????????????????