Monday, January 12, 2009

Dunlap's go to Arizona

Justin and I will be leaving for Phoenix on Friday morning. Things we plan to do while we are there:

1) Run a marathon (duh, that’s the whole reason we are going)
2) Visit the Grand Canyon
3) Visit Sedona
4) Get a massage
5) Enjoy the sunshine!

I’m sure there are other things we will be doing but those are the big events. I personally feel very under prepared for the marathon. I injured my knee about a month and a half ago and had to dial back my training. Also, I am still SICK! My lost voice before Xmas, turned into a head cold which has now morphed into a chest cold---GRRRRR! I will be making a game day decision whether I want to run the full marathon or the half marathon option…Justin, of course, will be speeding along on the full marathon injury and illness free =).

You can track us online here: www.rnraz.com
(With Live Results, your family and friends can track your progress on the course, even if they’re not at the race! Each participant’s time will be recorded at the 10k, half marathon, 20-mile mark and Finish for the marathon, and the 5k, 10k, 10-mile mark and Finish for the half marathon. Times are available 60 seconds after you cross each split. To view race day Live Results, visit www.rnraz.com and click the Live Results button on the homepage.)
In San Diego they had a live video feed up on the website of the finish line, I’m not sure if they will have this option or not. I will be wearing of the following two outfits (who knows what Justin will be wearing):
Hope everyone is doing well…I know we are really looking forward to Utah this summer.

5 comments:

Susan Dunlap said...

Wow! Thanks for the information, Alisa! Sure hope you have a miraculous recovery before Friday. Your itinerary sounds great! I plan to follow both of you in your progress if possible! A photo of your gear is such a good idea! Hope you both enjoy the whole experience!

The Blaine gang said...

Hey Alisa, Both the outfits look cute, but I love the running skirt! I wish you and Justin luck! Get ready for very warm weather and lots of sunshine, yeah! Love, Jen

Justin said...

We are looking forward to the trip! Even though Alisa's cough is creating some serious problems for her... Hopefully she will at least be able to run the half marathon, she is visiting the doctor today for a diagnosis. We are thinking of applying some of Mom and Dad's generous Christmas gift to pamper us on this trip (i.e. the massage!).

Susan Dunlap said...

Sounds good! That's what it's intended for! Please let us know what the doctor says! What's Zoey going to be doing? Wish we were closer to keep her company!

Justin said...

The Doc said that Alisa has bronchitis, but thinks she could still run (well, he didn't say she couldn't anyway). Anyway, she is going to make a decision Saturday night if and what she is running (full or half). I think I have a some bronchial unhappiness as well as I have a small cough that won't go away. Not nearly as bad as Alisa's though!

Zoey is going to be going on vacation as well! To Alisa's co-worker's (Suzy) house.

Wish you guys were closer as well, but at least we found a babysitter!