Sunday, September 4, 2011

Summer, Please Don't Go

Greetings from the Northern Dunlap's.  Everyone seems to be having busy summers this year.  The Northern clan is no exception.


We did some traveling...
We went to SF and saw two GIANTS games!

We helped Mom and Dad with the shed

We biked in Sacramento with my Dad

We did a house project...
Scrape, scrape, scrape, sand, sand, sand all the paint off the railing for the deck
Harder than it looks trust me
All re-painted!

We harvested lots of yummy vegetables...
Empty garden beds

Full garden beds

Carrots!

Peas!

Beets!
Finally TOMATOES!

 My flowers bloomed...
Stargazer lilies

Roses

Gladiolus

Justin is at Burning Man this week so I'm home alone with Zoey. I cooked lots of delicious fresh veggies and went for lots of walks since I finally got this off:
BOO...walking boot for 3 weeks (guess all that running caught up with me...I'm not 100% healed but enough to walk around without the boot)

Looking forward to having Justin back!  I'm hoping we'll keep the summer weather for a few more weeks since it took so long for it to appear.  Hope everyone else is enjoying summer as much as much as we are!

4 comments:

Susan Dunlap said...

What a great find your blog is, Alisa! It is so welcome. I envy you all those perfect looking and fresh vegetables - they are better than even our farmer's market! We'd like to see summer last longer too! Thanks so much for posting!!!!

Susan Dunlap said...

PS Your deck is most impressive, and your flowers too!

Jill And Thain said...

Yeay!! Yeah, I love finding a new blog and learning what's new there! So glad you've had a busy, fun and productive summer! So sorry about your foot!

The Blaine gang said...

Wow, that's our summer too, minus the Giants games. And I guess your dad missed out on our bike rides. Other than that great minds think alike. That deck looks impressive. Way to go! You two were the cutest Giants fans there by far. Happy healing with your foot too, I bet that's been hard.