Friday, March 26, 2010

Mom's update

It's been too long since I have done a post, as these are backwards in order! Our newest addition: 8 Australorp one week old chicks.
Jennifer and Bronco at home. Look at the size of his hands!
Bronco's bilirubin tested high so he needed to spend lots of time on the blue light. He actually seemed soothed at times by the vibration of the fan. After 3 days, his count was down!
'Aunt Candy', aka Jill, brought Deven, Ben, and Emily fruit roll ups.
Rilan was his good natured, smiling, self. He was crawling all around and Jill told me he's pulling himself up to try and walk now!
Mantua had lots of snow and snowed even more while I was there, despite Nate bemoaning the fact that the weather was too warm and the snow was melting fast.
Early morning was such a beautiful time! I took this as I was waiting for Emily and Ben to come down for breakfast and get ready for school.
Bronco is a beautiful baby!
This was taken after his bath - which he was not particularly fond of.
Rilan and Thain at the hospital while Jill was visiting Jen. Siblings could go in, but no other children under 14 years of age.
Jen, Deven, and Bronco in the first day after his birth. Both Jen and Bronco were given oxygen.
While Deven and I were 'home alone', we made cookies! He was great company and good as gold!

13 comments:

Jeremy said...

Aww, thank you for the pictures and the post Mom! Bronco looks very cute. It was great to see the rest of the kids and family too.

Justin said...

Looking forward to some fresh eggs. Tell those chicks to get producing already! Thanks for sharing all the cute pictures of the Blaines and Andersons!

Jill said...

Thanks for posting Mom!! Those were great pictures and fun to see, even though I was there for some of it, it was still really neat to see your blog :)

Alisa said...

Fun pictures!

Who changed the background? Dad? =) It's bee's =)!

The Blaine gang said...

That was a great post Mom! Thanks for picking better pictures of me than the couple I saw and didn't like... :) All the snow is gone now except for the sled hill and the snow fort and those are shrinking quickly. Where are you keeping those baby chicks? We really need to build a chicken coop!

I wanted a spring background for the blog and when looking for one I couldn't resist the bees for the Dunlap blog!

Mom shared the news Justin, good luck with the PhD! Does that me we are going to have to call you Dr? You'll deserve it!

Susan Dunlap said...

The chicks are in a screen covered box (former TV stand my dad had at Aptos!) next to the wood stove in the kitchen for now, with a 60 watt light on them. I love the bee background, Jen, thanks for changing it! Thanks also to whoever got rid of the Asian script!

Justin said...

Thanks Jen! I'll let you know when you have to call me Doctor. For now, Sir will do. ;)

Susan Dunlap said...

Justin, you remind me of my brother. He always tried to be addressed as "sir".

Justin said...

Ha. Was he always trying to get you to "defer to his superior logic" too?

The Blaine gang said...

okay Sir Justin, will you tell me how to get email notifications when a comment is added? I want to keep up with these entertaining conversations! :)

The Blaine gang said...

uh, I found how to do that in the comments section of settings on the dashboard. Thanks anyway though!

Susan Dunlap said...

Remind me to ask you, Sir Justin, how to do this (get e-mail notifications of new comments) when you are here!
As to deferring to the superior logic, probably, but not in so many words!

Justin said...

I meant to let everyone know about this feature before, but obviously never got around to it. You can add your email in the Comment Notification Email box, in the Comments tab under the Settings tab. The Settings tab can be found under the Customize button on the top right of the Dunlap Dealings main page.

I've already added you Mom as you will hopefully find out when this comment gets sent to you. I'd be happy to add anyone else (or remove you Mom if you don't like it).